Monday, January 19, 2009

January 2009

It's a new year! And Michigan's weather is really getting to me. I need all my family to agree to move to...anywhere with a milder climate. I don't mind the cool fall days, and a snowfall once in a while is cool, but months of freezing temps and cloudy days are just too much. The kids and Mike had fun going down the big tobaggon run at Pokagon State Park. They maxed out at 34mph!!














We had a great Christmas this year. We let an old tradition go, the Cryderman Holidome Christmas, but we added a new one. Our smaller Cryderman family, my brother and I and my parents, put on a progressive dinner for the first time. We started at my parent's house for appetizers, came here for the main dish and finished at Brent's for dessert. The host house gave out presents after each course so that was cool too. We all got to watch the opening of gifts instead of mass chaos and flying tissue paper.










Here's the kids table at my house.













And here's the adult's table. We fed thirteen people at each house.

There's some fun planning going on for a big Cryderman get together on Memorial Day. That will be so much fun to get together and, um, eat, cause we always have great food at these types of things!! Looking forward to it already!

2 comments:

Kulio said...

SHE POSTED!

Thanks, I loved reading this and seeing a glimpse into your Christmas! The toboggan run looks awesome (but not for me). And the tables are beautiful!

I hope Memorial Day works out! On that Monday we do something at my folks, but what about the day and evening before? I'd love it.

Heidi Lee said...

So happy to see you posted again! I'm always checking!

I think Memorial Day weekend (sat or sunday) would be a great time too! I'm there!!