Thursday, July 3, 2008

More details complete






















We've got a cute new paint job and nesting boxes and perches installed inside. The only thing left to do is paint a sign for the coop that says "Yik's Chicks". We've discovered that the chickens love treats: strawberries, mulberries, and blackberries, as well as eggplant and watermelon. Mike loves to give them treats so much they have started getting a little pushy when I come in the coop. If I'm wearing sandals they peck at my toes thinking the nail polish is berries! I've got one sweet girly though, that will jump up into my lap and eventually get on my shoulder every time I'm in the run for more than a few minutes. Then when I try to put down she wants right back up. Such a snuggler! I'll try to get a picture with her for next time. Molly, we're ready for your inspection so give me a call! :)

4 comments:

JoannCryderman said...

Oh, Lisa, is looks SO great!! I can't wait to see it in person! Love the colors you painted the coop.

btw, you MUST get a new picture of Parker. He looks like such a little boy I hardly recognize him! :)

mrc-w said...

That coop is so nice, I might move in :) Haha!
Seriously though, it looks great! Our chickens always liked treats too; my mom would always save the peelings when she peeled potatos or other stuff and the chickens absolutely loved it.

Kulio said...

Oh you DID it Lisa!!!!

Can you believe you guys did it?

Congratulations!

HWHL said...

Hi Lisa - thanks for stopping by my blog - you're welcome to visit any time! :-)
I look forward to reading your blog and finding out more about you!

Take care and have a wonderful 4th of July weekend! :-)