Friday, June 6, 2008

More coop progress




















The weather has been terrible this week and we've been so busy. So our progress is painfully slow for my poor big chicks. They are in their coop but have to stay in the kennel cage during the day so I can leave the doors open. The run isn't ready and they have no hatch door yet.


Sorry, I'm not really good at formatting this blog. I've figured out how to load pictures, but not how to put them where I want them. But the pictures show that some things are happening. One side of the run has chicken wire. That's our big garden and outbuilding in the background. Jessie and Parker and I picked out paint colors for the coop...Parker hates what we chose cuz he got voted against 2 to 1. The shade names are lettuce alone (kind of a light pale green like iceberg lettuce) and sunbeam (a buttery pale yellow). The yellow is for the trim.


It's 90 degrees today so we have to get the run done tonight. They can't be cooped up, literally, much longer!

3 comments:

JoannCryderman said...

Fly, be free!! Can't wait for them to be free in the run. They must be miserable in this heat! Thanks for posting again! :)

Kathi D said...

Looking good!! I like the colors, so there's another vote for you.

I put a mist system in the chicken coop yesterday to get ready for our 100+ days coming.

Lisa Y. said...

Misters are great...I put a little fan in there today. I hate that they're so confined!